So, here's the very basic explanation of serial number, installation code, and activation code:
- Serial Number: This is actually created to prevent piracy. Serial number is a kind of identification tool to recognize a software or hardware. Actually a serial number is unique and can only be used once. You can't use an already-used serial number, unless you're not connected to the internet when entering it.
- Installation Code (or Installation ID): This code is unique, and usually depends on the serial you're using. Every serial will have different Installation Code. Usually, you can view this code at the "Activate via Phone" option.
- Activation Code: You must use keygen to generate this. This is the code for activating your software. Without this code, any serial numbers will be useless. When you enter this code, the software will check whether it's correct. If it's correct, the software will be usable as a full-version software. Activation codes are generated using a special 'algorithm' involving Serial Number and Installation Code. Every software have different 'algorithm', so it's impossible to use Corel Draw keygen to generate activation code for Photoshop.
- Open the software you want to activate
- Open the keygen. (Don't forget to choose the appropriate software on the list if you're using keygen with multiple software support.) It will provide serial numbers to input.
- Type (or copy) it into the provided box at the software
- After you input the provided serial number to the software, the software will give you an Installation Code (Installation ID).
- Paste or type this Installation Code to the keygen. (With or without dashes, depends on the instruction at the keygen)
- Then click the "Generate Activation Code" button at the keygen and type this code into the provided box in the software. You will need to click "Activate Software" or "Activate now" or other button with similar meanings.
Notices: Don't press "Generate Serial Number" button after entering your serial number into the software. If you accidentally pressed this button, you must repeat the process from step 3.
Post you would probably interested in: